You’ve done your research, and you want to study at the University of New England. We’re excited that you’re considering us! We know there’s a lot of information out there about our university, so we’ve put together a guide to help you learn about UNE and make your decision.
University Of New England In Australia
About University Of New England In Australia
The University of New England (UNE) is a public university in Armidale, New South Wales, Australia. It was established in 1954 as a university college, and it gained full university status in 1966.
The university’s main campus is located on the Northern Tablelands at Armidale with major campuses also in Lismore and Coffs Harbour.
At A Glance
The University of New England (UNE) is a public university, founded in 1922. It has campuses in Armidale, Coffs Harbour, Grafton, Lismore and Tamworth. UNE has over 12000 students and over 1 200 staff.
UNE offers over 200 courses including Undergraduate Degrees; Graduate Diplomas; Graduate Certificates; Postgraduate Certificates; Master degrees by coursework or research; Ph.D.’s by coursework or research
Why Choose Us?
- We are a world-class university with a reputation for excellence in teaching, research and student services.
- Choose from over 200 courses across our five faculties: Business; Education; Health Sciences; Humanities & Social Sciences; Science & Technology.
- The University of New England has a supportive community of students, staff and alumni who share a passion for learning and discovery.
- Located in Armidale (in northern New South Wales), we have an idyllic rural setting on the doorstep of the beautiful Great Dividing Range and close to beaches, national parks, rainforests and other natural wonders.
What You Can Study
UNE offers a wide range of undergraduate, postgraduate and research programs. UNE offers various subjects in the fields of business, education, engineering, hospitality and tourism, science and social sciences at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
The Bachelor of Business (Honours) is available as a full-time or part-time program for students to build specialist knowledge in their chosen field. The course is also available on campus in Sydney as well as through UNE Online in other locations across Australia. Both on-campus degrees require 96 credit points (cps) with a minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 while off-campus degrees require 120 cps with a minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0
This course focuses on the development of professional skills required for successful careers within today’s competitive global workplace environment including decision making skills; leadership styles; communication skills; problem solving techniques etcetera
Courses offered include: Bachelor Of Arts – BA Honours Degree Programmes; Bachelor Of Commerce – BBus(Hons); Bachelor Of Science – BSc Hons Degrees Programsmes; Master Of Arts – MA Masters Degree Programmes; Master Of Business Administration – MBA MBS Courses Offered As Full Time And Part Time Modes Both On Campus And Distance Education Mode which includes specialised courses such as Finance Management & Marketing Management courses
Scholarships And Financial Support
University of New England has a range of financial support available for students. Scholarships may be awarded to students who are Indigenous, international or women and have a disability. Students from rural and regional areas can also apply for scholarships.
Students need to apply directly with the institution they wish to study at in order to be considered for these scholarships, which will provide them with money towards their tuition fees and living expenses while they complete their course at University Of New England In Australia.
- Apply to UNE
- Register with UNE
- Pay tuition fees, if applicable
- Apply for a visa if you are a non-citizen of Australia
- Apply for student finance if you need it, otherwise known as “HECS” (Higher Education Contribution Scheme) or FEE HELP (Financial Assistance for Established Higher Education Students)
Find the information you need to apply to study at the University of New England.
The University of New England (UNE) in Australia is a public, co-educational university located in Armidale, New South Wales. It was established in 1954 and has an enrolment of approximately 13,000 students across undergraduate, postgraduate and higher degree programs. The UNE offers a diverse range of undergraduate degrees that enhance you with the skills and knowledge to succeed in your chosen field. A wide variety of postgraduate degrees at both masters level and doctoral level are also available for those who wish to continue their studies after completing their undergraduate studies.
You may be interested in studying abroad if:
- You have completed your bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification from an Australian institution; or
- You hold an academic qualification which is recognised by the University as being equivalent to the minimum entry requirements outlined below; or
- You are currently enrolled at another institution but wish to transfer into one of our programs via credit transfer
The University of New England is a perfect place for international students to study. With an excellent reputation and a wide range of subjects on offer, it’s no wonder that UNE attracts so many students from around the world each year. If you want to study in Australia but aren’t sure where to start, we recommend starting with this article! We hope that our helpful tips have given you some insight into studying at UNE—and they will hopefully help you gain admission too.