The University of New Mexico Physician Assistant program is one of the best in the country. It’s a rigorous program that requires an undergraduate degree and a minimum GPA, but the high-quality education you’ll receive will be worth it. In this article we’ll discuss how to apply to UNM’s PA program, what requirements you must meet to get accepted into the program, and what kind of career opportunities are available after graduation.
University Of New Mexico Pa Program
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 is required to apply to the program, although it is recommended that your GPA be above 3.0.
- You must have a bachelor’s degree with at least 30 semester hours in psychology or pre-dental studies. The following majors are acceptable: biology, nursing, chemistry/physics, math/statistics and other related fields (e.g., economics).
- Applicants should not have more than 6 years of clinical experience post-bachelor’s degree (i.e., if you graduated in 2005, then the most recent date of clinical experience would be 2011).
The Pre-PA Student Society
- The Pre-PA Student Society is a student organization for pre-PA students at the University of New Mexico. They hold weekly meetings with guest speakers from the field, as well as monthly socials.
- The Pre-PA Student Society also hosts several events throughout the year and provides opportunities for members to network with other pre-PA students and professionals in the community.
The Application Process
The online application process for the University of New Mexico’s Physician Assistant Program is made up of three stages:
- The Admission Information Form, which is sent to all applicants. Applicants are asked to complete this form before January 1.
- The PA Program Supplemental Application, which must be submitted by February 15, 2019.
- An essay (300-500 words), which must be written in response to a prompt about why you should be an outstanding PA and what qualities you possess that would make you an asset to the program if accepted.
New Mexico Physician Assistant School Ranking
The University of New Mexico is one of the top-ranked schools in the United States. It has a strong reputation as an academic institution and offers many different degree programs at its main campus in Albuquerque, including physician assistant studies.
The university was founded in 1889 as an agricultural school and has undergone several name changes since then, but it remains a top-tier research university with over 20,000 students enrolled today. The university offers undergraduate degrees through its College of Arts and Sciences and graduate degrees through various departments at its main campus or satellite campuses throughout New Mexico.
If you are considering a PA school in New Mexico then this is the starting point.
The University of New Mexico (UNM) is a public research university in Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States. It is the state’s flagship university and the most comprehensive doctoral research university in the state. UNM offers a number of programs including physical therapy assistant program.
The PA program at UNM offers students a chance to complete two years of medical school training in five years. Students will earn their bachelor’s degree from UNM or another institution prior to beginning their graduate studies at UNM.
Students who wish to apply for the PA program must have:
- Completed prerequisites required by the American Medical Student Association Education Council (AMSAEC) * A minimum GPA of 3.0 on an overall scale as well as science and math courses taken while completing prerequisite classes. * A cumulative science GPA that meets program requirement: 3.2″
The New Mexico Physician Assistant School Ranking is a great place to start. This article will give you all of the information necessary to begin your search for the right school. As always, be sure to do your research before making any decisions!