University Of Richmond School Of Business
The University of Richmond School of Business is a small and diverse business school. The school has a student-to-faculty ratio of 8:1, and the undergraduate student body is composed of over 1,300 students. The school has several centers and institutes including the Center for Global Leadership Education, Executive Education Center, University Collaborative for Social Media Research (UCSMR), Center for Health Law & Policy Innovation (CHLPI), Institute for Global Entrepreneurship and Development (IGED) and many others.
The University of Richmond School of Business’s academic program is a unique blend of the liberal arts, business and technology. The business school offers nine undergraduate majors in areas such as accounting, finance, marketing and management. It also offers an M.B.A., an online M.B.A., and certificates in areas like health care administration and international business development.
The University of Richmond School Of Business is accredited by AACSB International – The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) . This accreditation is given only to six percent of all schools worldwide that offer business degrees; it requires that universities meet specific standards for educational quality and integrity before being able to receive the accreditation seal on their diplomas or transcripts indicating that they meet these standards for excellence in education at every level within their school system from kindergarten through graduate programs like Master’s degrees or Doctorates as well as professional certifications like CPA certification which shows you have passed an exam proving your knowledge about accounting practices so employers will trust your opinion when giving advice about financial matters not just on paper but irl too!
University Of Richmond School Of Business
National: 6th in the country, according to Forbes
Regional: 1st in the South, 8th in the nation; 11th among public schools and 12th best overall (U.S. News & World Report)
The Library is open to students, faculty and staff. The Library’s collections include over 1.5 million books and journals in print, microform, audio-visual and electronic formats. These materials are available for use in the library or through interlibrary loan request procedures on the third floor of Cary Hall during regular operating hours. The library also offers a collection of over 100,000 e-books, e-journals and e-books (many with full text) which can be accessed from any computer with internet access at UR or via our Electronic Resources page
Faculty and Staff
You can get in touch with the faculty and staff in your area of study by:
- Appointment or walk-in
- Email (use the address listed on the website)
- Phone (use the office number listed on the website)
The faculty and staff are also available to students in person at their offices, where they can answer any questions that you may have.
Centers and Institutes
- Center for Energy and Environmental Policy (CEEP)
- The Center for Energy and Environmental Policy is dedicated to creating solutions that advance energy security, environmental stewardship and economic development. Through teaching, research and outreach programs, CEEP strives to provide answers on how Virginia can meet its bold energy goals while protecting our environment.
- The institute’s efforts aim to help guide the state through its transition from fossil fuels toward renewable energy sources. It has received funding from the Virginia Department of Mines Minerals & Energy as part of an effort called “Smart Grid Demonstration Projects” which aims to improve reliability in the electrical grid by integrating technology such as smart meters into homes across Hampton Roads.
The business school at the University of Richmond offers a variety of undergraduate, graduate and online degree programs. The campus is located in beautiful Richmond, Virginia, just minutes from downtown and the James River.
- Undergraduate Business Programs
o Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA)
An academically challenging four-year program that integrates business fundamentals with a core curriculum that includes courses in liberal arts, mathematics and sciences. The BSBA is designed for students who want to develop their skills in communication, problem solving and leadership as well as gain an understanding of the economic environment in which businesses operate. Students can choose from eight areas of concentration – accounting; corporate finance; economics; entrepreneurship; information systems management; marketing analytics; operations management/logistics or real estate development – along with additional certificate programs.
o Bachelor of Arts (BAA)
A four-year degree program that integrates liberal arts education with an understanding of how businesses operate within an economic environment while emphasizing critical thinking skills necessary for success in life after college. The BAA requires more general education requirements than other business degrees so it appeals to students interested in pursuing careers outside traditional business fields such as law or medicine where additional study may be necessary after graduation
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required, preferably in business or economics.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended, sent directly to the University of Richmond School of Business. Official copies must be received by January 15 for spring admission and June 1 for fall admission. Unofficial copies are acceptable when submitted with your application; however, official transcripts will need to be sent at a later date if you are accepted into the program. The School of Business will only consider freshman applicants who have completed their first year at another college or university prior to applying to UR’s School of Business. Applicants may request that an official transcript from each post-secondary institution attended be delivered electronically; however, these must still be received by January 15 for spring admission and June 1 for fall admission.* An essay explaining why you want to pursue an MBA degree specific to your career goals (250 words). This essay can also serve as a statement as part of our admissions process—please see “Statement Of Purpose/Optional Essay” below.* Two essays addressing one or both halves of the following question: “How do you plan on being successful in graduate school? What makes you think that you will succeed?” (450 words). These essays should address your academic preparation, professional experience with which we should expect some familiarity (e.g., if one was previously admitted), work ethic and personal qualities that indicate how well suited he/she is likely going through life after graduation day! Please note this information does not have any bearing whatsoever on whether or not someone will get into school but it does help us get better acquainted with each person applying.”
The University of Richmond School of Business undergraduate program offers concentrations in accounting, finance, information systems and technology management, marketing and international business. Academic programs at the school are accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
The school also offers a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree that provides students with a well-rounded education in fundamental business concepts as well as an opportunity to explore their own interests through electives. The curriculum focuses on integrating theory into real world applications while providing students with opportunities for experiential learning through internships or co-ops.
Undergraduate students must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 for admission into the BBA Program upon completion of their freshman year; however if this requirement is not met at any time during your college career you will be required to withdraw from the university until you have elevated your overall GPA back above 2.0 again and successfully completed all courses required for your major’s specific graduation requirements
- MBA (Master of Business Administration)
- EMBA (Executive MBA)
- MSA (Master of Science in Accounting)
- MSA/MBA (MSA and MBA Degrees)
- MSA/JD (MSA and Juris Doctor Degree)
- MSA/MBA/JD (MSA, MBA, and Juris Doctor Degrees
University Of Richmond School Of Business
University Of Richmond School Of Business is a 4-year private, not-for-profit institution in Richmond, Virginia. The school was founded in 1830 in Richmond, Virginia.
The University of Richmond School of Business offers a wide range of academic programs to prepare students for careers in business. The school offers undergraduate degrees in finance and accounting, as well as MBA programs designed for professionals who want to advance their career through postgraduate studies.
The university also offers several graduate certificates in topics such as supply chain management and financial analytics.