The University of Utah is an American public research university located in Salt Lake City, Utah. The university was founded in 1850 as the University of Deseret by members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, making it Utah’s oldest institution of higher education. As part of its mission to be a “Land Grant” University, the university offers extensive educational opportunities in science, agriculture, technology and engineering.
University Of Utah Tuition Costs
1 University of Utah cost of attendance
The University of Utah’s cost of attendance (COA) includes tuition and fees, room and board, books and supplies, transportation to/from home, personal expenses, and miscellaneous costs. For a full breakdown of COA by year or enrollment level, visit the Office of Admissions’ website.
- Tuition & Fees: $10,725 for in-state students; $29,932 for out-of-state students (2018–19 academic year).
- Room & Board: $11,722 for freshmen living on campus; $16,187 for sophomores living with their parents; $15962 for upperclassmen living off campus; $2100 per semester meal plan at all locations ($200 per month if you pay by cash).
- Books & Supplies: About $1700–$3000 annually depending on your major. Some classes require additional materials that can cost around $500 apiece depending on what they are. To see which courses have special requirements like this as well as their specific costs visit the bookstore website here: https://bookstore.utah.edu/#&panel1-1
2 University of Utah out-of-state tuition costs
For non-resident students, the University of Utah tuition costs are as follows:
- Students who want to attend the University of Utah and live on campus can expect to pay $12,588 per academic year (based on 20 credit hours per semester). This figure does not include room or board costs.
- Students who want to take classes online can expect to pay $12,588 per academic year (based on 20 credit hours per semester). This figure does not include any other fees associated with online learning at the university.
3 University of Utah out-of-state tuition and fees
- If you’re an out-of-state student, your tuition and fees will be higher.
- If you’re a graduate student, your tuition and fees will be higher.
- If you’re a student in the College of Engineering or College of Nursing, your tuition and fees will be higher.
4 University of Utah net price calculator
The University of Utah net price calculator is a tool that can be used by prospective students to estimate their eligibility for financial aid. The calculator uses information from the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to determine how much a student is expected to contribute toward college costs, as well as how much financial aid they may be eligible for. By using this tool, you can estimate your total cost of attendance and see what kind of aid options are available!
The first step in using the calculator is entering your social security number and date of birth. Then you’ll need to enter some information about yourself: your address, marital status (single or married), number of children under 18 at home who live with me most of the time; whether or not I was previously married; household income from 2016; my country citizenship status; high school graduation status (diploma or GED); highest level completed at university/college etc.; highest level completed at university/college etc.; highest level completed at university/college etc.; highest level completed at university/college etc.; highest level completed at university/college etc.; highest level completed at university / college .
5 University of Utah out-of-state tuition waiver
University of Utah out-of-state tuition waiver
If you are a nonresident, you may be able to get a tuition waiver if you meet specific eligibility requirements. To apply, submit the following documents to the Office of Admissions:
- Letter of Intent form that includes a statement about your reasons for wanting to enroll at the University and what you hope to gain from your time here;
- Proof of current citizenship or residency status;
- Official transcripts from high school or equivalent (if applicable);
- Official transcripts from all other colleges/universities attended.
6 University of Utah tuition and fees 2019-2020
Tuition and Fees
Undergraduate tuition and fees for the 2019-2020 school year at the University of Utah are $9,765 for in-state students and $30,828 for out-of-state students. The cost to live on campus is an additional $10,094 per year. For more information about room and board costs at the University of Utah, please visit our page on housing expenses.
7 University of Utah in-state tuition
If you’re an in-state student, your tuition costs will be lower than those of out-of-state students. For example, if the cost is $10,000 per year for an undergraduate degree and $20,000 per year for a graduate degree, then this means that undergrads should expect to pay about half of what grad students pay—that’s $5,000 for that undergraduate degree!
To learn more about how University of Utah tuition works in practice and what makes up the base rates of their tuition costs from year to year (including sources), check out our breakdown below:
Undergraduate Tuition Cost Breakdown:
- In addition to paying fees and room & board costs separately from tuition itself (see below), there are other fees associated with being an undergrad at any university like UU including health insurance fees which can range anywhere between $3-$4K/year depending on whether or not you qualify for waivers based on household income levels; parking permits ranging anywhere between 2K all the way up until 6K depending on where exactly on campus they’re located; etc.
8 University of Utah online tuition costs
You pay the same tuition regardless of how you receive your education, whether online or on campus.
Tuition is also the same for undergraduate and graduate students, as well as international students who have paid the appropriate fee to be assessed in Utah.
Full-time and part-time students will also be assessed the same amount for tuition at The University of Utah.
9 The cost to attend the University of Utah depends on if you are an in or out state student and what program you are enrolled in.
At the University of Utah, there are many factors that determine how much you will pay for tuition. These include:
- The program you are enrolled in
- If you are an in-state or out-of-state student
- Your residency status
- Your degree program (undergraduate vs graduate)
The cost of attending the University of Utah depends on if you are an in or out state student and what program you are enrolled in.